The Mission Project would like to thank the Westerman Foundation and the McGowan Foundation for making this project possible.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I Love Apps When They Are FREE!!


There are apps that are always free in the App Store, some of which are great, and some of which are junk. The good thing about them being free is that you can just delete them if you don't like them with no financial loss.  When you download an app that is a free app, you have to be prepared that it may be a lite version of an app that costs, it may include ads, or it may include multiple prompts within the app for in-app purchases. Even with that being said, I LOVE free apps and 90% of the apps on my iPad cost me NOTHING.  My favorite way of acquiring apps is to grab them when they are featured for FREE!  The app, AppsGoneFree, is my favorite solution for finding these apps. I simply read the summaries on these apps, and then 'purchase' the apps I want for FREE in the App Store. (When you click on the app within AppsGoneFree, it will take you right to the AppStore for installing it.)  There are definitely other 'meta-apps' that serve this same function of featuring discounted or free apps, but this one is definitely my favorite as it typically offers quality apps and ones that can save you as much as $3-6.00 per app. It only takes a couple of minutes each day to skim the apps that are featured and it's definitely worth that time investment for the financial savings in the long run.

This is how the app icon appears on the device.

When scrolling through the featured apps, you will see the original cost of the app, but all of them that are featured on that day are FREE.

No comments: